We are committed to ensuring your privacy is protected. With respect to the Data Protection Act 1998, we are known as the ‘data controller’. This means that we are the company who is responsible for, and controls the processing of, your personal data. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with the privacy statement below:
Personal data we may collect about you
If you are enquiring on behalf of a Business or University, we will obtain data about your business (such as name, address, contact details, discipline, amount of staff employed and the number of positions available) whenever you complete an online form.
If you are an individual, we will obtain personal data about you. Examples include your name, address, contact details, qualifications, area of research (if applicable) and current employment status (if applicable) whenever you complete an online form.
You may choose to restrict the personal information you provide as follows:
1. If requested to fill in a form on the website, click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
2. Otherwise, if you have previously agreed use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible so that we can promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable.
How we use your personal data
We will use your personal data for the purposes described in the data protection notice that was given to you at the time your data was obtained. These purposes include:
- Administration and internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- Promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
Information about other individuals
If you give us information someone else’s behalf, you agree and confirm that they have appointed you to act on their behalf and have agreed that you can:
- Give consent on their behalf to the processing of their personal data.
- Receive any data protection notices on their behalf.
We may monitor your use of this website using cookies and similar tracking devices – we may monitor how many times you visit, which pages you go to, traffic data, location data and the originating domain name of a user’s internet service provider.
Types of Cookies
There are different types of cookies, these are explained below:
- Targeting Cookies: These record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests.
- Analytical/performance Cookies: These facilitate recognition and summation of the number of visitors to our website, and allow us to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the functionality of our website, by ensuring that users can find what they are searching for.
- Strictly necessary Cookies: These are required for the website to operate correctly. These include cookies that enable you to pay for specific services.
- Functionality cookies: These are used to recognise you when you return to our website.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after a period of 3 years.
We are dedicated to safeguarding your information. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
If you have any queries, don't hesitate to contact us on: